The weather is cooling down and its hunting season and comfort food time! Alley Beck Stanley gives us hunters a delicious wild game cooking recipe for venison mixed with pasta and creamy cheese. Alley uses the Provider Fowl and Dragon seasoning to enhance the flavor of the dish.
- 2 Lb pasta shells
- 1 Lb ground venison
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1-2 jalapeños sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1/2 brick of melting cheese
- 1/2 cup of Bread crumbs
- 1 TBSP Fowl (the provider)
- 1 TBSP Dragon (the provider)
- Preheat oven or Traeger to 375°
- Boil pasta shells until al dente.
- Cook venison meat in a skillet, and spice with fowl and dragon.
- Melt half a brick of melting cheese in a skillet. Use a splash of milk or cream to help melt it along if desired.
- Chop red onion.
- Thin Slice jalapeño (remove veins and seeds for less heat).
- Add cooked pasta shells, cooked venison, chopped onion, tomatoes with chilies, and melted cheese together in a large pot or bowl and mix well.
- Line a baking dish with bread crumbs, and sprinkle with fowl and dragon.
- Pour pasta mixture over breadcrumbs into dish. Sprinkle sliced jalapeño
- Place in the oven or Traeger for about 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.