Provider team member Alley Stanley brings us another delicious wild game recipe for some Asian Sweet and Spicy meatballs using ground venison and ground beef.
For the Meatballs:
- 1.5 Lb ground beef
- 1.5 Lb ground venison, combined with beef
- 2 TBSP Dragon (The Provider)
- 1 TBSP Spawn (The Provider)
- 1 white or yellow onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed and minced
- 1 TBSP extra virgin Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 TBSP hoisin
- Green onion sliced
- Sesame seeds toasted
For the Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 3 T hoisin
- 1 T Spawn
- 1 T dragon
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tsp ginger
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch into splash of cold water
- Grind your beef and venison mixture using MEAT! Your Maker Grinder, or mix them together by hand if you do not have access to a grinder.
- Preheat oven or Traeger to 350°
- Chop onion, press and chop garlic, and sauté in a hot pan over medium high heat, in extra virgin olive oil (we use Napa valley olive oil) sauté until fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Add to meat mixture. Crack in two eggs, Add provider rubs, hoisin, and bread crumbs.
- Mix together with your hands, in a kneading/folding motion. Roll into two-bite sized balls and place on a baking tray.
- Press and chop garlic, and add to a hot pan with olive oil.
- Sauté until fragrant, then add soya sauce, hoisin, provider rubs, mix well.
- Add water, brown sugar, ginger, mix well, and let it simmer and reduce.
- To thicken into a glaze, add your cornstarch into some cold water and whisk. Poor into reducing sauce over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once thick, pour over meatballs.
- Place them on the Traeger or into the oven for about 25 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and dark.
- Serve over garlic infused rice, and top with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.