A quick video breakdown of a wild game recipe by Joel Kleefisch. Joel is showing how he makes some delicious Smoked Wild Turkey Blueberry Slaw Street Tacos using a Traeger Grill and the Swine and Covey Rub.
- 2 Turkey breasts (wild or store bought)
- 1 Tin blueberries
- 1 Onion diced
- Provider Rubs: Swine and Covey
- 2 tbsp. Napa Valley Olive Oil
- 1 Can Sautkraut
- 1/2 Cup mayonaise
- Dash Chili powder
- Corn tortillas
- Rub Turkey breasts thoroughly with equal parts Provider Swine and Covey spices.
- Preheat Traeger wood pellet smoker to 250 degrees, place Turkey breasts in center and cook to 150 degrees internal temp.
- Add 2 tbsp. Napa Valley Olive Oil to hot skillet and saute chopped onion.
- Chop smoked turkey into 1/2 inch chunks and add to sautéing onions.
- Smash and muddle blueberries.
- Add Saurkraut, Mayonaise, and Chili powder, gently mixing together.
Heat tortillas on skillet in light oil.
Scoop turkey onion mixture on tortilla, top with blueberry slaw and serve.
Author / Hunter / Chef
Joel Kleefisch is the former representative of State of Wisconsin Legislature and State Representative. Joel is an avid Wisconsin hunter and has developed some delicious wild game recipes.